Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Orange County is not LA



What good is buying another persons junk if nobody claims it with a higher price tag as their personal treasure? It's pretty to look at, and fun to search for, it's even fun to process it, tag it, and put it on the shelf, but dang, it sure is discouraging when nothing sells.

I was told it takes time, that people have to get used to your things, that they come back and ogle, and come back and ogle some more, and sometimes they come back and buy. I was told to give it a couple of weeks which is just fine since I was also asked when I was going to fill up the booth more. It's starting to look good though, I'm loving what I did to display clothing, belts and bags along the wall - a simple peg board is astonishingly useful. And the addition of the Baker's Rack and vanity seat are helping to fill things in as well.

But will Orange County like the goods of an LA girl?

2 comments:

  1. Hello, wow, your profile could be me. We sounde like two peas in a pod (except for owning a store).I'm also in Orange County. I sell vintage clothing on ebay and here. Where is your store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brigitte, Your site is very... smart! I like. My booth is at the Antique Station in the Orange Circle. You should check it out sometime and let me know what you think. Very nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete