Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day One



A couple of things: one, I don't know what I'm doing and two, it's fun. I started this blog four days ago and for you eleven readers out there, thanks, I'm having a blast. Initially my plan was, well, non existent, but it certainly did not involve sharing my ventures, but thanks to the one person that randomly commented on my blog I became motivated to tell my friends, and friends, I love you.

Today was the day, I woke up early, 6:00a.m. early, for reasons that don't pertain to this blog and I headed to The OC, car loaded with goodies. Fortunately for me my uncles employ a lovely man named Tony who unloaded that awfully heavy desk from my car and kindly moved it to my "antique" stall. Not only did he do all the hard work but he even cleaned the desk up for me and filled in that nasty gauge with something that made it not-so-nasty.

I made two trips to Home Depot and both times I bought items that need to be returned. Not only did I not know what I was buying but I don't know that I have ever felt so out of my realm - "I don't know, I need one of those L things for a bookcase, you know, they keep it steady against the wall" - seriously, the looks I received were priceless.

But everybody was so helpful and so nice, from Tony, the guy who sells goods he finds on the street in the Antique Station alley way, and who used to "live on the street", to the dude with Ray-Bans and a Hawaiian shirt directing me to pegs, at "the end of the isle and three bays down". Jason found the proper L-thingy (yes, L-thingy) and steadied my bookcase and Mary, the manager, seems like a pretty nice lady.

My booth is sparse. I'm shocked that my car packed full with nearly everything I have barely made a dent in that tiny 8x8 booth, but really, it barely made a dent. Check out the photo above, that's only HALF the booth, and it's nearly ALL of my stuff. I still need to bring some clothes, shoes and purses down, a couple of home ware goods and the Baker's Rack, but for now that's it.

I haven't decided if I'll head down again this week or if I'll wait until next, but I guess that's the beauty of it - it's for me to decide.

1 comment:

  1. I love you and think this is great. Reading your blog makes me feel like you are talking to me. From one bargain hunter to another I love everything thrifty and can spot a good deal miles away. You have a better eye for art than I do. I will keep reading your blog and hopefully have more useful things to say.Miss and love you so much.Mandy..Northern Cali

    ReplyDelete